Monday 9 August 2010

Today I'm grateful for...


...St Tropez Wash-Off Instant Glow Body Lotion, £12.
So I was very pleased with my pale blush shorts from Zara, until my mother pointed out that from a distance I looked like I had nothing on my lower half, since my legs are very much on the pale side of blush too. So I grabbed some St Tropez Wash-Off Instant Glow, smoothed it on in seconds, making my legs a slightly darker shade than my shorts. It's subtle and pretty foolproof, although I do recommend checking it in daylight as well as indoors to blend in any streaks as they seem to show up more outside. I've always been a fan of wash-off tans for those times when I haven't planned ahead to self-tan (past favourites include Benefit Jiffy Tan, the Guerlain Terracotta one, which I think is discontinued, even Rimmel Sunshimmer in a pinch!) and I've been a fan of St Tropez since way back when. A sadly-missed perk of working on a magazine was press appointments for a spray-tan from St Tropez's fabulous celebrity tanner Sophie. While the Instant Glow doesn't compare to her expert tans, I'm glad of anything to take the edge off my pale pins!

2 comments:

  1. I think wash off tans are the way forward. wanted to try this one, and now I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it in the shop on my hand and wasn't too impressed... But everyone's talking so much about it, is it because of the fabulous packaging or is it really great? I don't know...
    XXX

    www.tendancefeminine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete